Sunday 7 August 2011

I'm at Rome airport, about to fly home to Sydney, after a wonderful week and half with my son. Let's look at the PCP angle. I started well, packed the veggies for flights etc on the way over. I missed 2 days workouts on the way over, but managed to get some skipping in on the Saturday. I woke up at around 4.30 on the Sunday, and did the workout in the hotel room whilst the young fella slept....then we got ready and went to Croatia (from Belgrade). in Croatia, I managed to get most of the skips/workouts in, with the exception of any chin ups. There was no chin up bar in the resort! I was ok food wise, lots of salads, grilled fish and meats...probably too much, no doubt too much. Also, I had a couple of drinks most days. Coming back, I have spent the night in Rome, and had a nice blowout...great food, and wine. I figured, last night of vacation, flying solo...when in Rome.

So, my progress has definitely taken a hit. It's not unrecoverable, but I'm def going to be about 2 weeks behind the progress curve now. So, I'll need to stay on the Pcp for a few extra weeks I think. I might try nick silver's idea...have a week off, then do the last month again. The blowout was worth it though. There is simply no substitute to sitting with your son, at a Croatian beach restaurant, and sharing ice cream! PCP progress can wait.

I remained conscious of what I was eating, and managed to control the blowout quite well I think. I can't wait to get back to my routine, and nice, simple food...I need a veggie hit. Will get some backward progress photos when I get home...again, worth every kilo!

No comments:

Post a Comment